Because of their vibrant look, these cannabis infused rainbow cupcakes are guaranteed to make everyone say “WOW!” I used a highly concentrated cannabutter made from Dry Ice Kief as it’s one of the cleanest ways to make cannabutter. Any cannabutter will work for this, so use whatever it is you have available.
If you’ve been on Pinterest or Instagram lately, you’ve probably seen many people posting something about cannabis cupcakes as they are a very hot item on every marijuana menu these days.Print
Rainbow Canna Cakes
These THC-infused Rainbow Canna Cakes are easy to make and are the perfect mix of flavor, fun, and potency. They’re a huge hit every year at the St. Patrick’s Day Party I host. Guaranteed to have you craving more, so I always make at least double. They truly are that good!
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cannabutter
12 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Purple gel icing gel color
Blue gel icing gel color
Green icing gel color
Yellow icing gel color
Orange icing gel color
Red icing gel color
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream cold
5 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan and spray with non-stick spray, if you’d like.
2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted cannabutter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 1/2 tbsp per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 mins then remove from oven.
4. To make the filling, reduce oven to 300°F (148°C). In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
7. Divide the batter evenly into six bowls. It should be a little less than 1/2 cup per bowl/color. Add the gel colors to the bowls, coloring one bowl with each color – purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red.
8. Layer the colored batter into the crusts, starting with about 2 teaspoons of purple batter in each cup. Once the purple batter is evenly distributed, add the blue batter in the center of the purple. Continue adding colors – next green, then yellow, orange and red. The cups should be mostly full.
9. Bake the cakes for 18-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
10. Crack the oven door and allow cakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
11. When cakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
12. To make the whipped cream topping, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Pipe the whipped cream onto the tops of the cakes and add sprinkles.
14. Refrigerate the cakes in an airtight container until ready to serve. These canna cakes are best for 2-5 days.