Servings: 6 cups
Recommended dosage: 1 tablespoon cannabutter, 1 tablespoon regular butter.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Ingredients: 2 large leeks
2 tablespoons butter (1 cannabutter, 1 regular)
4 cups ready-to-serve chicken broth
2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pound asparagus
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Trim the roots and the leaves from leeks, leaving only the white and about 2 inches of the green sections.
2. Rinse well, split lengthwise and slice crosswise (about 1/2 inch thick). Saute leeks in butter/cannabutter in oven over low heat for about 10 mins. or until softened.
3. Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Meanwhile trim off tips (about 1 1/2 inches) from asparagus: reserve for garnish.
5. Trim off and discard woody stem ends.
6. Chop remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to boiling soup.
7. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 10 mins or until vegetables are tender.
8. Transfer soup to work bowl of food processor or blender; process until pureed.
9. Return soup to clean saucepan.
10. Stir in cream and heat throughout.
11. To prepare asparagus for garnish, bring salted water to boil in a small saucepan.
12. Add reserved asparagus tips and cook about 3 to 5 mins or until just tender.
13. Drain well.
14. Garnish each serving with asparagus tips.