Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
1 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon of sunflower lecithin
1 cup organic, decarboxylated, finely-ground cannabis (about 1/4 oz. or 7 grams)
- In a crock pot on warm or low, combine coconut oil & sunflower lecithin.
- Melt and stir.
- Add organic cannabis. Stir every half hour or so.
- After 2-3 hours of heating and steeping, turn off the crock pot and allow the oil to cool before moving to the next step.
- Set up your strainer so it fits snugly in a container. Line with a large piece of cheesecloth.
- Slowly pour plant matter and oil into the strainer.
- Using a string or twist tie, gather the cheesecloth around the plant matter and secure.
- Squeeze the cheesecloth to extract remaining oil.
- Pour oil into a pint jar and place in the fridge until cool. Seal with a lid.
- Store in refrigerator or in a cool, dark place.
Try to keep oil near 160° for best results. Always remember to test your dosage before putting it in recipes. Start with 1/4-1/2 teaspoon and wait for at least an hour before taking more.