Montana Marijuana Card for Cannabis patients medical marijuana use and cannabis cultivation to treat medical conditions such as Cancer, glaucoma, or positive status for HIV/AIDS, or the treatment of these conditions; a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, including seizures caused by epilepsy, or severe or persistent muscle spasms, including spasms caused by multiple sclerosis or Chrohn’s disease; or any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition adopted by the department by rule.

Montana Marijuana Card Application

Applying for a Montana Medical Marijuana Id card or cannabis card involves being diagnosed by a Montana licensed physician who specializes in marijuana treatment prior to applying for your marijuana red card. Once you get your marijuana prescription from your doctor you will need to send it in along with the state marijuana application form and the patient registry fee $25 new application/$10 renewal to:
Medical Marijuana Program
Montana Department of Health and Human Services
Licensure Bureau
2401 Colonial Drive, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 202953
Helena, MT 59620-2953
Phone: 406-444-2676

Once the state approves your medical cannabis card they will send it to you via mail. You need to keep your marijuana card on you at all times to avoid problems with the law.

Montana Marijuana Card Laws

Laws for medical marijuana use and cannabis cultivation using your Montana Medical Cannabis card are as follows: A qualifying patient and a qualifying patient’s caregiver may each possess six marijuana plants and one ounce of usable marijuana. “Usable marijuana” means the dried leaves and flowers of marijuana and any mixture or preparation of marijuana. This law has been Amended to 12 seedlings (less than 12″), four mature flowering plants, and one ounce of usable marijuana using your Montana Marijuana Card.

Medical Marijuana Doctor

Please fill out this form and we will get you in touch with a local Medical Marijuana doctor.