Crockpot Cannabis Coconut Oil
Simple step-by-step recipe for making the best cannabis-infused, vegan, dairy-free, plant-based coconut oil using a crockpot (can also be made using other equipment) in the comfort of your own home that you can later use to make many different cannabis-infused edibles.
- Yield: 5-8 TBSP 1x
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup ground cannabis flower
- 2 jars with lids
- filter (stocking, cheesecloth, paper filter..etc)
- put the coconut oil into the jar
- put the decarboxylated cannabis in the jar with the oil and put the lid on (does not have to be super tight), leaving at least a half inch of space between the cannabis and top of jar.
- fill crockpot with enough water to cover most of the jar
- heat crockpot on high until water reaches 185°F
- place the jar into the preheated water and place lid on crockpot.
- cook for 4 hours
- carefully remove the jar and set aside to cool
- while its cooling, place a filter inside a clean jar (I like to use stockings as they fit snug over the jar)
- once oil has been cooled, remove lid and pour into stocking, squeezing out as much of the oil as possible.
- If there are any pieces of plant matter in the oil, you can filter again to remove them
- let cool, place lid on and store in a cool place
Keywords: canna oil, cannabutter, weed oil, thc oil, tincture